1. Discounted “Green Mortgages” and Our Banking Partners: The Green Credit program is developed through the collaboration of: a partner bank, a real estate developer / investor who meets the conditions imposed by the program, a real estate buyer who wants to benefit from the facilities offered by this program and RoGBC. Lower financing costs increase customers’ purchasing power and allow them to invest in high-quality construction, with the Green Credit taking into account the significant reduction in energy consumption and repair and health costs for homebuyers.
This initiative creates a consortium between the bank, investor / developer / buyer and RoGBC, to certify residential projects that are environmentally responsible and energy efficient compared to the standard offer in Romania, generating financial, social and environmental benefits.
High energy savings and other financial benefits (such as occupant health and lower and rarer home repair costs) substantially reduce mortgage risks, allowing the financial institution to lower its monthly interest rate while maintaining a profit margin. This allows the buyer to invest in a more energy-efficient and sustainable home, while reducing the total monthly cost of ownership – compared to a standard home.
2. Lower Energy Bills: A green home can significantly reduce your energy consumption and save you money on your utility bills. By using high-efficiency appliances, LED lighting, and renewable energy sources such as solar panels or wind turbines, you can generate your own energy and reduce your reliance on fossil fuels.
3. Improved Indoor Air Quality: A green home is designed to maximise natural ventilation, reduce indoor air pollution, and improve the health and well-being of its occupants. By using low-emission materials, proper ventilation, and air filtration systems, you can create a healthy living environment that is free from harmful chemicals and toxins.
4. Increased Property Value: A green home is a smart investment that can increase your property value and attract potential buyers who are looking for sustainable and energy-efficient homes. Studies have shown that green homes sell faster and at higher prices than traditional homes, making them a profitable and long-term investment.
5. Reduced Environmental Impact: By building a green home, you can reduce your carbon footprint, conserve natural resources, and protect the environment. Green homes use eco-friendly materials such as bamboo or reclaimed wood, recycle waste materials, and reduce water consumption through efficient fixtures and appliances.